- Total per serving 1,443 calories
Turkish-style kebab and bulgur
The kit contains
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 1 packet kebab seasoning mix
- 1 packet bulgur
- 1 packet tomato sauce
- 1 packet dehydrated fried onions
What you need
- 350 grams (12 oz.) minced or ground beef + 150 grams (5 oz.) lamb fat (We recommend asking the butcher to grind the fat with the beef)
- 1/4 cup soda water/water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- cups (330 ml.) boiling water
- Salt to taste
Preparation methodFull screen view
Add to a small pot 1.5 cups of boiling water, salt (recommend 1/3 teaspoon), the bulgur, and the tomato sauce and mix.
Cover the pot and cook on low heat for 9 minutes.
Turn off the heat and leave the pot closed for at least 5 minutes.
Open and stir.
Put the meat and fat, the kebab seasoning mix, black pepper, soda water and salt in a mixing bowl.
Mix well until you have a uniform mass.
Divide the meat mass into 6 equal parts and form 6 slightly elongated patties.
Hold a patty with one hand and with the other hand insert a cinnamon stick by pressing and squeezing until the stick reaches the center of the patty. Repeat for all 6.